Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Tomorrow is a Myth

Tomorrow is a Myth


By Keith Kareem Williams


When I’m in your ear, this is what it sounds like…

Don’t worry about tomorrow because it won’t be missed. For tonight, as far as I’m concerned the future does not exist. I’m so buzzed and hard right now that in my mind, the day after today is sounding like a myth. Why should we sit here and worry about who’ll return whose call? I say we do what we both want to do tonight and not worry about it at all.

I can see you thinking it over. Everything I say makes perfect sense. I can see you fighting with the thoughts in your head because you’re conflicted. You’d like to make me wait but you know I’m not trying to hear it. You can feel that it’s now or never, get down while we’re hot or watch it get colder than December. You can hear your own heartbeat and you want a night to remember, something that stands out that wasn’t planned out. You want a memory that in the future, you’ll NEVER tell your man about.

You’re not exactly a tease. I can see that you’re dying to show off. You can’t wait to let someone else see what’s wrapped up and trapped up under it all. Don’t move so fast…Take it slow but yes….take those clothes off. Stand over there. I don’t want to touch you yet. Give me a minute to take it all in, even though I already know where the touching is about to begin. Just understand that the plans don’t start with me using my hands to meet your demands. You can see in my eyes that there’s not a doubt in my mind that I can.

Believe me, I’m not here to play with you. I just listen to your body language so I know exactly what to say to you. I want yours to learn the rhythm of mine. We need to do this right now and if tomorrow ever comes, we can both act surprised.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment