Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Trilogy in Three

An Entire Trilogy in 3 Years

Author Keith Kareem Williams
Earlier today, I took a few moments to reflect on where I am, where I’ve come from and how much further I have to travel on this journey. Finally wrapping up “War Angel III-Catalina” drained a lot out of me. It was exhausting and I hardly slept for the final 3 weeks but it was worth it. I love the finished product and I’m sure that the fans of the trilogy will too. It was not an easy task to release these 3 books in 3 consecutive years, along with other novels in-between but I pushed myself and got it done. Working at that pace taught me a valuable lesson as well. I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to…and since I believe that to be 100% true…watch what I do next! I’ve never been the type of author to keep my readers waiting 5, 10, 15 years for a planned sequel. (Keyword: “planned” because sometimes, readers beg for more when you really didn’t initially intend to continue with a storyline.) When I wrote the 1st “War Angel” book, I already knew what was going to happen in the next 2 books and had a clear vision for where I was taking the story.
I want to really thank the readers who have shown extreme patience while waiting for me to release the last book. Your comments on social media, the emails and the text messages kept me company and although writing is a solitary, sometimes lonely activity, I was actually never alone. If I logged onto Facebook at 3am, some of you were there. If I tweeted just before sunrise, some of you were there to say good morning. When I posted pics of what my desk looked like on Instagram, or Tumblr while I was banging those chapters out, you guys “liked” the pics and showed that you were right there with me. Many of you supported the projects that I released along the way, even though you were anxious to find out how Lenox and Jahaira’s story would end. I will always remember that. I truly believe that I’m building a special career. Each book is a brick and the folks who ride with me are my foundation.

It was a little sad to write “The End” on the last page of “War Angel III” but, it’s time to move on to the 72 other stories that I have written down in my infamous “Idea Book.” (At least, it WAS 72 story ideas the last time I counted. By now, it could be 85. LOL) Thanks for coming along for the ride and stay tuned for what’s coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment