Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Old Love


Old Love
By Keith Kareem Williams

(Inspired by something I overheard once.)


The Plot: An elderly man calls his love on the phone the morning of Valentine’s Day.

“Good morning pumpkin. You up? [pause] I tried to send you a text but I can’t work this damn phone so I just called even though it’s early. [pause] Happy Valentine’s Day. [pause] Of course. [pause] Call out sick from work. Tell them your pressure is high and you need to stay in bed. [pause] So, tell ‘em your sugar is high. [pause] Say it’s your hip then. [pause] Woman, just tell them you need a day off. [pause] You never use your sick days. They owe you and you deserve one. At least this one… especially today. [pause] Of course. [pause] Why is that just a young girl thing? [pause] You’ll always be my youngin’. [pause] Stay in bed and wait for me. I have my key so I’ll just let myself in. [pause] No, I don’t want you to. Today, I’ll make you something when I get there. [pause] The way you like it, with the strawberries and the cinnamon. [pause] I know you do. My memory ain’t what it used to be but I pay attention. [pause] I like the sound of that. [pause] In that case, I’m takin’ two of my pills. [pause] I hope not but, I can’t think of a better way to go. [pause] You can still do that? [pause] You know exactly what I like. I’m on my way right now! [pause] Before I go, I need to say something. [pause] No, it’s not anything bad. [pause] Just wanted to say that I love you. I’ve always loved you. I’ve loved you since we were kids. [pause] Always. Even when we were apart. [pause] I’m glad that we found our way back. [pause] I know. [pause] From now until HE calls me home. [pause] See you in a bit.”

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nakia. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to start posting more regularly on my blog. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. ���������� (sigh) my heart is bouncing all up and through my body.. This is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for checking out my blog. There's lots of good stuff around here. I hope you choose to follow it and keep up with all of my updates.

      Delete