Search This Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Songstress

Today is all about my 4th novel, "Glass Goddesses, Concrete Walls." For those that haven't had a chance to read it yet, here's a sample from the chapter titled, 
"The Songstress."

When Tamara walked through the door I could see in her face that she was high. There was something sexy about the drowsy, redness in her eyes. She looked even prettier than she had when I first met her earlier. It made me smile to think that she had made the extra effort to get all dolled up just for me. As soon as I closed the bedroom door behind us she sat on the bed and started rolling up more weed. Before long, thin wisps of smoke swirled into all kinds of shapes everywhere in the room. It felt more like we were hanging out in the clouds instead of a tiny apartment in Brooklyn. She smoked while I tossed back glass after glass of cognac. I used to drink so much of it back then that I hardly touch it now. I've since developed an intimate relationship with clear liquor instead. We didn't know each other well enough to share our troubles but we were both there with our share of pain combined and silently in attendance. Sometimes that’s the best way to keep your troubles, contained and isolated so things don’t become too complicated. I politely kept to my side of the bed, full of liquor and she relaxed on her end, full of smoke. She offered me a pull and I passed my cup so she could take a sip. We slid closer together and for that moment, nothing else existed. Before long, all of the liquor had gone to my head and I needed to lie down. When I tried to, she grabbed me roughly by the front of my shirt.
"Now you know that I didn't come all the way over here to let you fall asleep on me right?" she whispered in the voice that I had begun to love the more I heard it. We let everything go and prepared to let the entire world slip so far away from us that nothing else really mattered. There was no fear, no shame, no pain, no guilt and no past. I can't honestly say that I know how or when I got her naked. What I do remember is how she felt once I was inside her and out of all the women I've known, most of them would be hard-pressed to outdo her in that department. She was warm and wet enough that I felt everything, even with the latex condom on. Her long, smooth legs up in the air looked like they could touch the ceiling, at least from my perspective. Drunk and high out of our minds, we rocked and swayed together, feeling more like we were floating than having sex. The sounds she made were high-pitched and shrill which annoyed me more than turned me on. It was a relief when she grabbed the pillow and screamed into it while I put everything in her in every possible way. She had that familiar look of surprise on her face women sometimes gave me when they hadn't expected all that they got from me. I never knew if I should be flattered or insulted. To a degree it implied that they had come into my bedroom with low expectations. All the same, I preferred to be underestimated than fall short of expectations.


Copyright © 2012 Keith Kareem Williams
All rights reserved.

I hope you enjoyed this short sample. If you'd like to read the novel in its entirety, use the link below to order an autographed copy directly from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment