Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sneak Peek of Chapter 13 from "War Angel III: Catalina" by Keith Kareem Williams

Hey guys. I woke up in a really good mood this morning so I figured I'd share another sneak peek at what I KNOW you all are waiting for, "War Angel III: Catalina." All week I've been really inspired so I'm even more confident that the final book of the trilogy will be something exciting, imaginative, frightening and epic! (Those of you who are intimately familiar with my work know for a fact that I always deliver what I promise.) 


CHAPTER 12
Little Birdies


T
hree warm, naked bodies lay together with their limbs sensuously entwined on the cozy queen-sized bed. In the middle was a gorgeous curvy woman, pale of skin with dark hair and eerie, blue eyes. A few, barely noticeable crow’s feet at the corners of her eyes and a deep, gruesome scar marked the cheek on what was otherwise an almost flawless face. Her head lay on the muscular, tan chest of a young man who lay snugly on her right side. His name was Tristan and he was almost as pretty as she was. She affectionately ran her fingers across his flesh, absolutely in love with how smooth his body was, from his bald head to his clean-shaven private parts. On the left side of the scarred woman lay Tristan’s twin sister, Isolde, with black tears flowing from her eyes. That was what happened whenever the white-haired, bronze-skinned beauty dreamed of dark tidings.
“Why is she crying? What did she see?” Anika asked Tristan.
He acted as a mouthpiece for his mute twin. He hadn’t been gifted with her sight but, since the day they were born, he could feel her emotions and read her thoughts as if they were his own.
“Isolde says that something is coming, something very dangerous and very, very powerful,” Tristan told Anika.
His voice was deep and rumbling, like a boulder rolling down a mountainside, but also somewhat hollow, like a distant echo, whenever he spoke for his sister. Anika turned from him to look into the troubled face of her female lover. She wrapped her arms around the slim shapely girl when she felt Isolde’s body shiver.
“What’s wrong? What has you so frightened my pretty little bird?” Anika asked before she kissed Isolde sweetly and wiped away a streak of tears that flowed down her face like spilled ink on paper.
“She says that she has seen the Reaper sitting atop an asylum roof, sharpening his scythe and licking his parched lips,” Tristan answered.
“What else did she say?” Anika asked.
“Nothing. I can feel that there’s more but she’s afraid to tell me,” he replied.
“And does that frighten you too, handsome?” Anika asked with her back still turned to him. “I can feel you trembling like she is.”
“You know that’s how our bond works. If she’s afraid, then I’m afraid. We feel the same things,” he answered.
Anika intimately understood exactly how the twins’ “gift” worked which was why she found them to be such interesting, satisfying and exciting lovers. When they said that they shared feelings, they literally meant everything. She enjoyed sexually pleasing them simultaneously and when they satisfied her together as one, it was unlike anything she had ever felt. Many years before, her own twin sister had been gunned down and murdered by a man that she hated. She still remembered what it felt like to be connected to another human being the way that Tristan and Isolde were linked. She ached for the days when she and her beloved Anya would speak with one voice. That destroyed connection had left a deeper scar than the ghastly gash on her cheek. The wound that was left after her twin was torn from this world was a festering sore on her soul that she knew would never heal. Now, the twins that she spent her nights with brought her closest to what she once had.
“Don’t worry my little birds, I promise to keep you safe. I’ll protect you,” Anika attempted to reassure them. “What’s the matter my beautiful boy? You don’t believe me?” she asked when she rolled over and clearly read the fear in his eyes.
“We know that you would never hurt us, or want to see us hurt but,” he started to explain but then paused.
“What’s wrong my loves?” Anika asked, curious to hear what her little birdies seemed afraid to say.
“Isolde says that if you stay with us, love us and find that to be enough, all three of us can be happy and safe. But, she says that if you chase blood, we will all get bloody. You won’t be able to protect us from the things you set in motion,” Tristan told her with doom and depression heavy in his voice because the twins already knew what choices Anika was going to make.
“There are things that I must do. My sister’s soul demands it and she won’t rest until I take her killer’s life. But, I swear, I won’t let anything happen to you two, my pretty little birdies. You trust me don’t you?”
“Of course we do,” Tristan answered.
“Good. I’ve already lost half of my soul. You both have made me almost feel whole again and I won’t let anything take you away from me,” she said with supreme confidence.
Anika climbed out of bed and sauntered over to the closet with a hypnotically graceful gait. They both became aroused as they watched her slip into her robe. Her stiff nipples poked through the thin, satin which also clung to every one of her curves making it almost seem as if she was still naked.
“Don’t leave us. Stay a little longer,” Tristan pleaded with honey in his voice while Isolde begged the same thing with longing in her eyes.
“I’ll be back in a few minutes. I’m just going down the hall to parlay with my brother. Keep each other warm until I get back,” she told them on her way out of the bedroom.
Once she was gone, the twins cuddled cozily with their naked bodies pressed together incestuously. Although most normal people would surely deem their twisted intimacy repulsive, they cared very little for the opinions of the world outside of their tiny circle. Life had never been particularly kind to them so they viewed themselves as outcasts anyway and refused to allow themselves to be governed by conventional morality. Anika’s brother, Paulo had found them barely surviving on the streets after they had escaped from a dark and abusive home. There were times when they could still feel the grimy hands of their mother’s numerous, random boyfriends, pawing at them and touching them in places where they didn’t want to be touched. When Paulo brought them home, Anika had immediately taken a liking to them. Eventually, that “liking” had grown into a lustful love. Over time, she had become their surrogate mother, their lover, their teacher and their pale goddess to worship. For the first time in their entire lives, they felt favored and protected from the ugliness of the world, until now. Something was coming for them all and the daydream was almost over.
“Why won’t you show me everything that you saw in your dream? Was it that scary?” Tristan whispered to his sister as he ran his fingers through her short-cropped, pixie-cut locks of white hair.
Isolde nodded her head to let him know that her vision had been so terrible that she refused to share the details with him. If she had, he would have become consumed by the same dread and their combined fear would have been amplified tenfold. So, instead of fully opening up her mind to him, she opened up her legs instead. She chose to grant him the gift of blissful ignorance as she distracted him with a kiss.



Paulo lay flat on his back, wide-awake in bed and staring blankly at the cracks in the ceiling above his head. The sound of the squeaky doorknob turning caught his attention and made him turn his eyes toward his door in the dark. Then when the door opened, he suddenly found himself temporarily blinded by the light that poured in from the hallway just outside.
“What brings you to my bedroom at this hour? Tired of playing dirty love games with your incestuous little toys?” Paulo asked his sister disdainfully as she rudely invaded his privacy without knocking.
“Isolde had a dream,” Anika answered coldly, annoyed by his tone and the judgment in his ghostly grey eyes.
“Poor little broken thing. She’s always dreaming of some sort of doom or dread. So what? Personally, I think she needs therapy,” he answered dismissively, eager to get back to his own dark, private thoughts.
“This dream was different. I think you’ll want to hear about this one.”
“To be honest with you, I don’t really want to hear about anything that goes on with you three in that bedroom but, go on if you must,” he grumbled.
“She dreamed of the Reaper looking down from atop an asylum rooftop,” Anika informed him smugly.
She believed that he had never truly recognized or appreciated the value of her young lovers but she always had, from the moment he brought them through the front doors, hungry and filthy but gifted as well. Anika was extremely pleased to see that that tidbit of news make her brother quickly sit up and keenly pay attention.
“What?” he asked, suddenly extremely interested in what she had to say.
“They are finally coming for her. We need to be prepared,” Anika smiled.
“Wait a minute. How can we be sure that that’s what the little mute’s dream means?” he asked.
Anika’s grin grew even wider as Paulo’s cell-phone suddenly began to ring and vibrate on the antique nightstand next to his bed. She wasn’t able to see who was calling from where she was standing but, she was certain that she could easily make a pretty good guess.
“I’m willing to bet you anything that that’s your fiery nurse from the asylum, eager to warn you that someone we’ve been waiting for has finally come calling. See? My little birds saw this coming first which means that my little birdies are much better than YOURS,” she said before she walked out of his bedroom and closed the door behind her.
“Hello. Is everything alright my love?” Paulo asked as he answered his phone.
“Two people came here today asking about your friend in room three-sixteen,” the woman on the other line told him.
“Really?” he asked while slowly stroking his course goatee, now heavily streaked with silver-grey hairs. “And what were theses visitors like?”
“Well, they were both very young. Neither one of them could have been much older than eighteen.”
“Interesting. Why don’t you put on something see-thru and sexy and come over to tell me all about them,” he suggested.
“I’ll be right over,” nurse Melody Adler answered with eager excitement.
As soon as she hung up, she hurried to her dresser drawer to pick out something to wear under her clothes that she knew he would love. She liked to impress her favorite lover. It had been almost two months since she’d last seen him and she needed desperately to feel him.

Copyright © 2014 Keith Kareem Williams
All rights reserved.

I hope that you enjoyed this tease. As always, feel free to leave comments. 
COMING SOON (I promise)


4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I seriously can't wait to get this book into my hands!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ambs. This book is CRAZY and I love what I've written so I'm sure that you will too. I don't know how come I missed your comment when it 1st got posted. I apologize for replying so long after.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of tragic love stories and what can be more tragic than the love of any immortal or otherwise worldly being. And I absolutely adore mythology. The characters names alone have me wanting to read more. Shall they live up to their namesakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love mythology, you'll LOVE this series. You'll have to stay tuned to see if they truly do live up to their namesake.

      Delete