Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Time for What I Want

Time for What I Want
I keep hearing the same cliché, over and over again. From way too many lips I’ve heard, “People make time for what they want to make time for.” Now, I’m not saying that this isn’t true but…
What if… I want to spend my time being the best dad I can be and making sure that my kids are good?
I’m just saying, what if… I want to spend time focusing on my career so that I can make sure that my family doesn’t have to struggle…ever again?
I know that it’s rare nowadays but…what if I don’t want to chase a million women, or want every woman that might be down to lay with me because maybe the only woman I really want is YOU?
What if all I want from you is patience and understanding for what I’m trying to do? What if you took the time to see that no matter who may like me, none of them is YOU?
All I want is for you to know that everything I said about my time, and how I want to spend it is absolutely true. Just because I don’t get to see you all the time doesn’t mean that I don’t love you. I’m just working hard to get to a place where time is not issue because the foundation for what I’m building will be strong enough to give me time to catch my breath. I can’t do what I need to do for the people I love if I don’t do this now.

P. S.,

I know I work too much and can sometimes become distant. It’s not on purpose. I’m just tired of the life I had and I’m fighting for something different.






4 comments:

  1. but what if this time that you speaking of......never comes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question....but, if that time never comes, it would be a tragedy.

      Delete
  2. All you can do is try, and if in the end it is what it is... At least you can say you gave it your all, and you can be satisfied with that. Time is invaluable, where you place it shows where your heart is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best time is always now & now can manifest in the form of a kind gesture, a visit, a call, a message, a thought or even a prayer. The problem is, life & relationships are fraught with expectations instead of individuals taking responsibility for their own happiness & just being grateful. I am here right now & want to say... I thought of you today. Thank you for your hard work & the perspectives you share about relationships, love & life! X

    ReplyDelete