Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Your Immortal

Your Immortal


By Keith Kareem Williams

Immortality is a reality. If she ever told the truth she would tell you that I live forever in her soul. My words echo and even though she might forget the sound of my voice from time-to-time, the things I've said remain colorfully splashed on the eternal canvas that lives in her chest. When her eyes close, she sees it and every time she breathes she feels it. She still considers the tangible things I've done amazing because it seems like she can still touch them. No matter what might try to outshine me nothing can ever steal that away. Even when I'm not close to her, the knowledge that I'm fine, somewhere out in the world comforts her like a warm blanket in the winter. She smiles when she remembers how we made each other laugh. Too many times she finds that I make random appearances in her mind. I know all of this because she's told me this a million times, in her own way, without a single word passing through her lips. We've both tried half-heartedly to break the connection and yet, here it remains, unchanging even in the face of all the ugliness that sometimes surrounds us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment