Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

I Need

I Need
by Keith Kareem Williams

I need all of my ambition and every bit of determination to become everything they tried to say I wouldn't be. I need the drive to smash the theories on everything they believed I couldn't be. I need time to make things happen. I need people around me who understand me. I don't need childish, passive-aggressive temper tantrums thrown at me by adults fighting to get me to look in their direction. I need space when I WANT it and not when other people see fit to grant it to me. I need people with mischievous and idle hands far away from me. I need to put foolishness and folly in my rear-view with my foot firmly on the gas.

I need my children's path to be easier than mine has been. I need to recognize my own flaws so that I can always try to be the best father that I can be. I need to understand the mistakes I make so that I won't repeat them. I need more children when the time is right. I need all of them to grow to be more than I will ever be. I need a woman who knows how to be a lover to me but a mother to them. I need someone that I can trust to keep them safe if something were to happen to me.

I don't need motivation. The things I've seen in life made sure I have that in abundance. I do need inspiration. I need a deeper level of concentration to get this done. I need real people around me that make me better. I need people close to me who don't want anything but to see me do everything they believe in their hearts that I can. I need for lovers of literature and the world to realize that I really am good at this thing that I do. I even need a muse or two. Their temperament and moods are fickle but I can't deny that they make my mind work better. These stories have to be written, one way or another. I need 48 instead of this measly 24 hours in a day.

As a matter of fact, I need a vacation. Who's coming with me?


***Do me a favor and tell a friend to tell a friend about my books so that I can go on that vacation:
Books by Keith Kareem Williams: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0063K6JJC ***

No comments:

Post a Comment