Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stolen Kisses and Diamonds

Stolen Kisses and Diamonds

By Keith Kareem Williams

***Here's a sample of the short, EROTIC, Valentine's Day tale that I recently penned for Naughty Ink Press' upcoming "Little Black Book." Enjoy and as usual, feel free to leave your comments.***


As Giselle relaxed on the metal steps behind the store, the smoke from her cigarette helped to dull the stench from the restaurant next door's dumpster, but only slightly. Because of the city and its smoking rules she couldn't even light up in front of her own place of business. Things had been surprisingly slow at her boutique which was unusual for Valentine's season. The economy must have been worse than she thought if so few men had showed up to buy gifts for their significant others and if that was the case, even the mistresses of the world must have really had things hard. She decided that if things didn't pick up she would give Maxine the rest of the day off because she really wouldn't need the extra help.

Now there's a man with the Valentine's Day spirit, she thought as she saw him walking down the back street with a bouquet of flowers in hand and a box of chocolates tucked under his arm. She gasped as he raised the lid of the restaurant's green dumpster and tossed everything in with the stinking, rotting leftovers.

"What's the matter? She doesn't like candy and flowers?" Giselle asked. He seemed slightly startled when he heard her voice. He hadn't even noticed her sitting there. She wasn't used to men no noticing her, especially not from only five or six feet away.

"She tasted like cigarettes. Three nights in a row she tasted like cigarettes when I kissed her," he answered, looking like a lost puppy. To see such a handsome man so sad seemed tragic, especially on a day reserved for happy lovers. What's gotten into Cupid today, she thought.

"So you're throwing away her Valentine's Day gifts? Wow, that's harsh. Smokers get no love in this city anymore. We can't smoke indoors, there are no more smoking sections in bars or restaurants and we can't even smoke in front of public places anymore. I guess I should put mine out then huh?"

"She doesn't smoke."

"She doesn't smoke? So how come she tasted like cigarettes?" Giselle dropped hers to the ground and extinguished its feeble flame with the heel of her designer shoe.

"I kissed her and she tasted like cigarette smoke. When I asked her she said that one of her co-workers always smoked when they went to lunch. That's how she explained it when I asked."

"Ok, there you have it. So, why are you throwing away that stuff away?"

"I meant to give her this," he answered and took a small pink box out of the pocket of his faded, blue workpants. He flipped open the lid and inside was a diamond ring.

"Wow, that's nice. Come closer and let me see it." She couldn't help but smile when he handed it over. It was a humble thing and by no means the most expensive ring. Giselle was certain that even her earrings or any other trinket her own boyfriend had given her was worth at least ten times more but money had never been an issue with John. The condition of this distraught and forlorn man's work clothes suggested that he was not a man of wealth. She could only imagine how much of a financial strain the purchase of such a thing had been on him.

"Keep it," he told Giselle. He had really meant to dump it along with the flowers and the candy but couldn't bring himself to do it. He preferred to give it away. It seemed too sinful to cast such a pretty, precious thing away in a dumpster full of filth.

"You planned on throwing this away too huh? Why?"

"I saw her get out of his car. I meant to surprise her at her job. She got out of his car and he drove past me, smoking with the windows down in his fancy car. She didn’t see me so I turned around and left.

"Yikes, you sir are definitely having a bad day. I wouldn't feel right keeping this though."

"Give it away, pawn it, or throw it down a drain. I should have. I don't care really care what you do with it."

"I couldn't. I'm sure you worked really hard to pay for it."

"It took me two years. Doesn't matter now though."

"I tell you what, this is my boutique. Come inside and pick out something. I'll trade you for it."

"That's ok. I need to go."

"Where are you going? You just found out that your woman is probably cheating on you. You could only be going off to get nice and drunk, or cry, or maybe a little bit of both. You men should learn from us women. When things are going all wrong, nothing makes you feel better than shopping. You'll be my first and best customer for the day. I'm Giselle by the way. Come inside," she said, wrapping her arm up with his. She led him up the metal stairs and through the back entrance.

"I'm Ross."

***

"Wow, where'd you find this cutie?" Maxine asked, twirling a lock of her long black hair as she leaned on the counter beside the cash register.

"Out back with the alley cats," Giselle joked.

"Hmm, he does look like he knows his way around a pussy," Maxine answered and winked at Ross.

"Hush! Your mouth is so filthy," Giselle scolded and playfully slapped her on the hand.

"You have no idea," Maxine answered, licking her lips with her eyes still glued to Ross.

"You're such a flirt. Any customers since I left?"

"Not one."

"Well, I don't anticipate business picking up so you can take the rest of the day off. It's slow so I should be able to handle it."

"Uhum, I bet," Maxine answered, picking up her purse and slipping on her jacket. "Be good…or be good at it," she told Giselle on her way out of the front door of the store.

"This is nice," Ross said once they were alone. He was impressed by the decor. He couldn't afford the majority of the clothes judging by the price tags but he was sure that Giselle's boutique was a place frequented by the hipsters and fashionistas.

"Thanks. The interior design was all my own vision but my boyfriend paid for everything."

"Good man."

"Why? Because he has money?"

"Of course. Seems like he looks out for you."

"That's easy when you got it and he has plenty."

"Most women want a man that can do nice things for her," he answered. Thoughts of the expensive car he had seen his girlfriend in earlier made him feel small and insignificant. He always worked hard and did what he could for his girlfriend but in the end, it hadn't been enough he supposed.

"Most women? Are you calling me average sir? I'll have you know that I take great pride in being exceptional."

"No, well, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying."

"Everything has a price. Dating a man with money comes with risks too, depending on a woman's self-worth and pride. Men with money take care of you but they tend to have the nasty little habit of taking care of lots of women at the same time. A man with money is comforting and feels safe in a way but it isn't everything. Trust me on that."

"Tell that to my girlfriend."

"I don't know your woman personally but a steady flow of money keeps a basic chick's mouth shut, eyes closed and legs open. No offense. I'm just saying."

"I guess."

"As for me, I would appreciate a dinner and a movie from a faithful who didn't make a ton of money more than a vacation with a lecherous rich man who secretly kept a dozen other concubines. Maybe I'm crazy but I'd trade a fancy boutique paid for by a man who won't come to see me on Valentine's Day in a heartbeat for a diamond ring today. I want you to do me a favor," Giselle told him as she walked away from him towards the entrance of the store.

"What?" Ross asked, admiring the way she walked in her jeans and heels. Heartbroken or not, he was still a man and blood still pumped through his veins. Giselle was a very attractive woman. If he was being honest, he would have to admit that his girlfriend would look below-average and mediocre at best standing next to her.

"I can feel you staring at my butt you know," she said to him over her shoulder as she locked the front door and flipped over the Open/Closed sign.

"Sorry," he said as he tried to look anywhere else but at her as she walked back to him.

"For what?" she giggled. She almost burst out laughing when his eyes kept finding their way to her cleavage, courtesy of the open buttons on her blouse. "Like I was saying, I need a favor from you."

"Depends on what it is."

"I want you to kiss me the same way that you would have kissed her." She stepped closer to him so that her breasts slightly touched his chest, just enough to tease him.

"What?" he asked, totally surprised by her request. The counter behind him stopped him from taking a step back. He was pinned.

"Don't be scared. Remember, your girlfriend's been kissing someone else too and probably worse." she told him, taking his hand and putting it on her round hip. Even through the course material of her jeans he could tell how soft her body was. She smiled and brought her lips closer to his face. He was about to half-heartedly protest but her mouth was already on his before he could speak. He resisted, still in shock but both of his hands found their way behind her to squeeze the soft cheeks he had been staring at moments before.

"If that's the best you can do I gotta admit, I wouldn't want to be your woman either. That might be why she's cheating…" Giselle started to say before Ross grabbed her by the hair, yanked her head back and kissed her the rough and passionate way that she wanted to be kissed. "Ok, that's more like it," she said breathlessly. The next thing Ross knew, she had grabbed him by the arm and was pulling him behind the counter on the other side of the cash register.

"What are you doing?"

"You gave me what I wanted. Now I'm going to give you what I would have given my man if he had showed up today with flowers, candy and a diamond ring in a pretty pink box."


***Please believe me when I say that it gets interesting.....and I mean REALLY interesting after this.....BUT, you'll just have to wait and see.***
 
Special thanks to Melodi "Writerchick" Roberts of Naughty Ink Press for inviting me to once again, pick up my pen and set the pages on fire. Click the link and "Like" the Facebook page for all updates: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Naughty-Inks-Little-Black-Book/263722203683198
 
In the meantime.........check out my other titles here: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0063K6JJC

10 comments:

  1. Very intriguing and sexy! I can't wait to read more of this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Shunte. The short story is done and will appear soon. You comments have inspired me to expand the story even beyond what it is so expect to be reading a lot more about these characters.....VERY SOON. I promise you a wet and wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...sexy... I'm hoping the wait on this one will be short. I can't wait to pick up where this left off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ann. Never fear...Valentine's Day the rest of this story will be here. It's a little freaky but it's oh so so so very sexy. You'll see. (I might just turn it into a full-length novel if the readers ask for it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, that's what's up. It would be interesting to see where you go from here. I clicked the like page so I look forward to reading updates from you. :)))

    http://www.facebook.com/Shawn.THEWORDADDICT.Richards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Shawn. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and also to leave your feedback. Thanks for liking my FB author page. At the moment, Naughty Ink Press will be showcasing this short story in its entirety. If it is well-recieved....I see myself expanding this into at least a novella.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrice Kittentrice69 SmithFebruary 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM

    Aww snap. Now that is what I am talking about... Talking about on to the next one....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hunted the story down on naughtyinkpress.com and finished it last night. Juicy hot! Please develop the characters into a novella or full novel for us. I want to know their stories and the stories of their partners too. Thanks for the V-day treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked the story Patrice. Let me know if you think I should expand it to a full-length novel or novella once you read it in Naughty Ink Press' book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for supporting the ebook Ann. Much love to you for that. Ask....and you shall recieve. I'll continue these characters' stories. Fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the ride. ;-)

    ReplyDelete