Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thank You

Author Keith Kareem Williams

"Thanks for your support."

That used to be the generic message I wrote in every book when I first started out. That was way back in 2004 when I first independently released my first novel, "Water Flows Under Doors." It's been a long, hard, road since then. I have the bruises and the scars to prove it but I'm proud of every one. I've learned a few things, lost a few friends and met some great people. All of these things are part of the process as I pursue my ambitions and goals. There are people who have been rocking with me since '04. Others have come along later...by no fault of their own but because it takes time to get my name known. Once they discovered my writing and what I was capable of when I was focused with my pen, they've never left my side. For those people, I am grateful. I couldn't continue to do this without them. Over time, the bond that has grown between us has become even stronger.
Those that truly love me and want nothing more than to see me succeed are my foundation. I've always known that it was best to build my own. That way, the roots run deep and it will be too solid for any outside negativity to shake. I know, sometimes it makes it seem as if I only want to keep to myself but you have to see that trust is the hardest thing to earn from me. This is the way that I have to be because the world is TOO full of hollow pleasantries. Understand that I can love you but not trust you. Since the release of "Glass Goddesses, Concrete Walls," I've had the opportunity to see who's really happy for me. I know who really believes in my talent and who is willing to fuel the flame that started as a spark but will eventually burn as brightly as the sun. Those people and I have formed an unbreakable link. For every book that I sign, I write a different message so that I can express how each and every one of them has helped me along the way. In my books, I share pieces of my soul and they accept those parts of me with open arms. I just want to say that I love you all. It all started with "Water Flows Under Doors," and then everyone eagerly anticipated "Open Spaces." That was the book that gave me the confidence to do this full-time because of the feedback and response from the readers that support me. I've done a few interviews and I've been asked some of the same questions over and over again so I put together "Sometimes Brooklyn, Mostly Mars" mostly for those who were curious, to give them a better understanding of who I am. That book was just a walk inside my mind.

Then, the time came to introduce the world to "Glass Goddesses, Concrete Walls." Those same readers, along with some who had never heard of me, opened their hearts and minds to taste what it had taken a lifetime of experiences to comprise. By the time the book was done, I was mentally exhausted and I think it's safe to say that we were all in love. I took a deep breath, took a short break and now I'm back to writing like the madman that they know me to be. I'm not sure which book I'll release next but I want everyone to know that I have you in my heart and my mind as I put my marks on these pages.





I love you ALL!!!


For those who don't know...or haven't heard what the new book is about: 

SYNOPSIS: In the middle of the night, our unnamed protagonist wakes to find Diana’s gun pointed at his head and he recognizes bloody murder in her eyes. While facing a scorned woman’s wrath, many of his past entanglements replay in his mind. Memories of women he has loved or refused to love surface like ghosts from the grave to haunt what could be his last moments. As he tries to reason with her for the sake of everything he has to live for, he realizes that there is so much that he deserves to pay for. Love, guns, sex and bullets can all be deadly in the wrong hands.


AUTOGRAPHED COPIES






No comments:

Post a Comment