Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Slave

Slave
By Keith Kareem Williams

I come from a long line of unbreakable men and women who were stronger than their chains. If they weren’t, I wouldn’t be here. My life is proof that mental or physical shackles couldn’t restrain them. I decided to build my career and work for myself because my soul tells me that I was destined to be my own boss. I’ve always hated being the help. The only rules and mandates that I willingly submit to are either righteous or divine. That’s not always the circumstance when you’re punching a time clock like a worker bee to help someone else see their dreams become reality. That’s why I left that alone to put my mind to work so I can manifest my own.


Motivation is in the DNA of the motivated. Not one inch of progress that I’ve made has come easy. I’m still moving forward regardless of that. Along the way, the right path hasn’t always been clear but I’ve had more moments of clarity that I’ve had in all my years on this earth combined. I’m human so I have weaknesses like everyone else but I keep them in their proper place. I try my best not to get distracted by temporary things. I’m only a slave to my own ambitions and the mark I want to leave before I go. My writing will remind the world that I was here.

*** BREAKING NEWS ***
Debt, Little White Pill, A Missing Night, Exposure, Open Throats, Trapped, Kidnapped and Endgame are the headings for the last chapters of "War Angel." I'm in the process of editing them and I can FINALLY...honestly say that it won't be long. Be on the lookout for the official release date. Follow the link and "Like" my My Author Page on Facebook where I'll announce it first. Also fee free to follow me on Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment