Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hopelessly Lost

Hopelessly Lost
by Keith Kareem Williams

It seemed like it was meant to be but I can’t save you and you can’t save me. In perpetual motion, like leaves caught in the wind, we spin, and spin out of control. Neither one of us is whole. In fact, we’re full of holes. Life has shot us too many times to count and all of our ink combined can’t cover all of the bullet wounds. It’s best that you find somebody stable and love him as much as you’re able. I know that wasn’t in the plans but give him as much as you can. I’m sorry that you gave so much to me that it will maybe feel like you’ll never be free.

As for me, I’ll just love the ones I’m with and pretend that their lips are your lips. Their pretty faces may change, but nothing for me will change. It will always be you that I think of. You’ve lost me and I’ve lost you. Sometimes the best we can do is love from a distance, secretly and emphatically, even if our story turns out to be one of the great tragedies.



I hope you enjoyed the post. I neglected the blog while I concentrated on finishing up "War Angel." (See the Paypal link posted below for autographed paperbacks.)Now that it's done, I'll be adding more new content. For those who haven't left and still stop by to see what's new, thanks for sticking around. I appreciate you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment