Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Books and Bones by Keith Kareem Williams

Books and Bones
By Keith Kareem Williams


Don’t mind the skulls on my T-shirt. I don’t worship death. I just occasionally look down at the image as a reminder of what’s under my flesh which forces me to realize that I have a finite amount of time left. That’s why I sit down and write these poems because I can bet it all that they’ll be more remembered than my own tombstone. After two generations they’ll forget my grave but my writing will show what I saw while I was here clearer than my decayed remains. Let these paragraphs serve as my epitaph, more resilient than the words chiseled into a headstone. One way or another, one day or another, we will all face some form of an inevitable fatality. I’m just trying to transcend that in a way and stay alive literally… if you get me? That’s the only way the word won’t forget me. That is my immortality. My books will last much longer than my bones.




Don't forget to check out my latest novel "War Angel"

No comments:

Post a Comment