Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

40 Chapter In 40 Days

40 Chapters in 40 Days

My 2nd novel "Open Spaces" showcases some of my best writing but I recently realized that I promote this book the least. I really had to take a moment to ask myself why that is. I think that it's probably because of the extremely personal nature of the material. That was the first time I ever wrote and poured so much of myself into the prose. Before that, I always used my writing as a way to escape a great many troubling things that were haunting me. In the pages of "Open Spaces" I confronted an army of ghosts, hurt feelings, and words left unsaid in real life. For me, every time someone reads it, it feels as if they're looking inside my heart. Readers who know my work will say that "Glass Goddesses, Concrete Walls" was even more personal and felt like a memoir but, I shared a much more vulnerable side of myself in "Open Spaces." I also realize that it's almost a sin not to share something that so many people can relate to so that's why I decided to use that book in particular for my "40 Chapters in 40 Days" promo to celebrate the launch of my new website, www.reemafterdark.com . I will be posting the entire book for FREE for the first time ever. (You guys know that I don't do the "free book" thing very often for my own reasons. I'll blog about that later on in the week.) Follow the link below and don't forget to stop by daily for the updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment