Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Incredible Lightness of HER Being

The Incredible Lightness of Her Being
By Keith Kareem Williams

Most men find the love she has left lacking what they crave and very different from what they’re used to so she confuses and confounds them. They just can’t figure out why the affection she gives them isn’t very much. They don’t understand that she died the first time someone touched her when she didn’t want to be touched. Her pain makes her burn brightly with hate but somehow more beautifully than the sun. For a time, she gave me life but I had to turn away or go blind.


Life took its time and killed almost all of her dreams. The love she had for me was real but it was still wrought with the kind of mean that would become ugly if her feelings ever changed. She can’t see the light she gives off so she lives in the shadows, just on the edge of really living…going through lovers that she really doesn’t love. I looked in her eyes and saw that she once believed that we could be something more than what she thought possible. What we had was different…maybe even the first new thing between two people that the world had seen in a very long time. Sometimes, I wake up in the night and still yearn for her light. Maybe one day I’ll convince myself to look for it again. I am “HER IMMORTAL” so I have time to decide.

I hope you enjoyed the new BLOG post. Don't forget to stop by my WEBSITE for even more updates, information about my novels and exclusive content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment