Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

1st Review Posted for Tourniquet

I would like to thank everyone who purchased my novella. I appreciate all of the great feedback I've been receiving about the story and its subject matter. Thanks for the emails, texts, Facebook inbox messages, Twitter direct messages, etc.. Don't forget to post those reviews for me so you can SHARE your feelings about the book with the rest of the world. The following is the 1st review that was posted on Amazon.

"A Story that needed to be told!", April 23, 2014
This review is from: Tourniquet (Paperback)
Keith "Reem" Williams has written a very touching and believable novella with his new release Tourniquet. Two of the main characters are familiar to Williams' fans of his War Angel series; as they played minor yet pivotal roles in the first book in the series. With that in mind I wasn't certain what to expect as I began reading Tourniquet. I was so touched by the subject matter and Williams' way of developing his characters and the context of the story around this difficult subject to make a compelling, fast paced, interesting, emotional, and well received message. A message that is universal to women everywhere, females around the globe of all ages can be fit into these pages and their voices can be heard, their pain felt, their desire for freedom from oppression and abuse palpable, and their victories celebrated...(I’m not condoning violence, only freedom from it.)
I was so moved I cried twice in 78 pages.
And there's more here... Williams crafts pain, loss, and suffering beside family ties that bind tightly and the deepest of loves. There are several stories being told at once and all connect to present realities in our world; children without fathers, daughters in danger, mothers sacrificing all for their children, real fathers are needed, real fathers are missed...
Williams' protagonists possess certain "strangeness", as he put it in his dedication. However, they are resilient and able to love beyond the superficial, which in the end helps them to survive.
A truly awesome story!


No comments:

Post a Comment