Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Love and Freedom

Love and Freedom
by Keith Kareem Williams


I suppose that over time, I’ve been responsible for causing pain to a few, even if I never meant to. I'm sorry if I've ever made anyone reading this cry. I’ve never been afraid to love because I’ve never been afraid to walk away when I had to. No matter what scientists and physicians say, hearts are way more complex and complicated than brains.

I will never claim or entertain falling in love with a woman whose heartstrings are still attached to the man she loved before me. I can provide distraction but won’t invest more than what makes sense. I understand that we all need breaks from the things that make our hearts ache but to fall in love in that situation would be a mistake. Some love you as a way to temporarily escape their heart-breaking situations. You can choose to be the distraction as long as you understand that those are only temporary relations.

Loyalty and love walk hand in hand. That’s a simple concept that all adults should understand. If you don’t have my full attention, I won’t pretend that you do. Instead of getting upset that things aren’t the way you might want them to be, maybe just respect my honesty and a situation that seems to have a bleak future might just flourish. Loyalty is earned and never just a given.


It’s an unnatural notion to believe that you can give anyone their freedom when being free is a natural state of existence. Love doesn’t seek to control through selfishness, greed or games. A person who loves you remains by your side because they choose to. Love is such a powerful emotion because it does not compromise or explain itself, ever. It either is or it isn’t. It causes pain but doesn’t apologize. It also makes life worth living and it doesn’t apologize for that either.

Live, laugh, smile, enjoy life, avoid stress and doomed situations. 

4 comments:

  1. This just spoke to my soul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for leaving me feedback. I appreciate it mama.

      Delete
  2. At some point in life many people spontaneously come across an individual who appears to posess all the right personal and physical attributes that they desire. In this type of situation one may dream and lust over them, just like many do with the rich and famous. Alternatively, In different circumstances two people may share purely physical chemistry that leads to fire works that may or may not burn out. None of these situations involve love from the heart (or at least not real love).

    I put it to you that very rarely (like once in a lifetime) a highly tuned in, spiritually motivated human being may posess an accute awareness of love for themselves and another person. Even without concrete evidence or explainantion of what drives and motivates such a thought, my suggestion is that a person can be with someone they know completely and will love eternally whilst still share an unexplainable love and deep intimate connection with another, even if they have never met. The thing is though, in my opinion, it has to be mutual to be real otherwise it is no different from the previous example. To love one's self deeply and purely, is to know love completely. Expectations, relationships and lifestyle aside, once in a life time I believe an encounter of love like this exists like soul to soul. Having said this, I would imagine that without contact, and regular personal insight or understanding of such a persons normal everyday life, it may perhaps be difficult to recognise and accept or to actually believe in such a phenomenon. The truth is hidden in the depth of what is felt and as you state, love is free and will find and touch hearts without appology.

    Love all your work and wise words. But mostly I really love and respect your fearless honesty, so real! Stay blessed xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for YOUR wise words of wisdom.

      Delete