Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Freedom is god

Freedom is god

When did we become so afraid and terrified to be ourselves? I’m free to love you the way I want or, not at all. I’m free to hold grudges and remember every cruel thing that was ever done to me so that I NEVER allow those things to happen ever again. I’m free to learn from my mistakes and I’m free to make new ones every day. I’m free to do what I want, and to keep my distance from whomever I want. I’m free to express myself the way I want or to keep my feelings to myself. I’m free to be flattered but not love you back. I’m free to give my heart to her even if she takes it and throws it away. I’m free to keep my heart to myself, free to protect my soul and free to be cold. I’m free to share my bed with her but not my life. I’m free to be single forever and I’m free to choose a wife when I’m ready, if that’s what I want. I’m free to not feel guilty if I don’t fall in love with you. I’m free to be selfish. I’m also free to give you everything I have and share everything I am. I’m free to be goofy and I’m free to be cool. I’m free to be me and you’re free to be you. I’m free to not give a fuck how you think I’m supposed to feel…or how I’m supposed to be. I’m free to focus on what I’m trying to do with my life. That also means that I’m free to not get mixed up in dumb shit that never works out, and has NEVER worked out for the hundreds, and thousands of people who tried everything I DON’T want to do. I’m free to be stuck in time if that moment that has me paralyzed makes me happy.


Nothing that’s good for you will hold you prisoner…and that applies to love AND hate equally.


3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Love this so much! Yes freedom is often times the one thing that we are held captive of. To be free we often have to battle outside forces just to feel great about who and what we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @pHOENIX c. bROWN, I agree. I got to a point where I'm not apologizing for what I want, or DON'T want around me, in my life or in my immediate circumference. I'm happy on most days, even when I'm stressed. Sometimes you have to be unapologetic about what keeps you in that good space where we all deserve to be. I feel GREAT about who I am and the decisions that I make for myself and my family. Everyone deserves that.

      Delete
  2. Its good to be free...it helps you make descions and choices to allow growth.

    ReplyDelete