Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

Smoke and Snow

Smoke & Snow


This is where I go sometimes when I need to quiet my mind. When I’m the only one here, I can hear my own soul more clearly. I use it as a place in this earthly space where I can momentarily freeze time and escape the exhausting pace of my grind. On this bench, with cigar smoke circling my head, I’ve written many goodbye speeches in my mind…goodbyes to thoughts that were holding me back and stifling my true potential…goodbyes to old, outdated feelings that kept me stuck in place…and goodbyes to people that I knew I would miss but still had to part ways with. There’s just something about THIS spot that allows me to hear the universe more clearly. Maybe there’s a rip in space somewhere or maybe it’s just my overactive imagination but, here in THIS spot, the muses don’t whisper…they sing and dance and inspire me. In THIS spot, I don’t feel cold, even when it’s snowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment