Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2018

Never Leave You Lonely

I've been neglecting the blog...AGAIN as I add more and more content to my Patreon page for my subscribers. (Click this LINK to subscribe at whichever tier you can afford. The Bronze tier is ONLY 50 cents a week. It's worth it.) But, I still want to share things that are written in my notebooks here as well. I'll continue to post ALL of my writing tips, short stories and flash fiction there but, I'll still save some things for here as well.

Never Leave You Lonely

I can’t get you off of my mind, no matter how hard I try and as guarded as you may be, I can’t leave you lonely. Other men want you but they don’t know you like I know you, and not because I own any of your secrets either. Those are all still yours, safely locked away from the prying eyes of those who don’t deserve your truth. I know you in ways that they don’t know you because I actually see you. I see you clearly, even with my eyes closed. They can’t get close to you because to them, you’re like a ghost, intangible and hard to see clearly but the strange thing is, I can FEEL you, even when we’re not close. They ALL assume you’re mean but I can feel your hopes and your dreams…just like once upon a time, YOU felt MINE. You saw what I COULD be and encouraged me. I still remember that energy and although I’m not quite there yet, I swear to you that I won’t forget.

No matter how distant I seem, I won’t leave you lonely. I’ll always be there if you call on me. For me, you’re different than anybody and everybody else. You’re not them and they’re not you. By now, after all this time, I know this. Even if I tried, I can’t pretend that someone like you isn’t real, or forget that you exist. That is the truth…the raw reality for me…and now, YOU know it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment