Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Latest News: Sometimes Brooklyn, Mostly Mars

As some of you already know, I’ve been working on something a little different lately. I’m in-between novels at the moment and I’ve been receiving requests for fresh material. I realized that what many of my readers are waiting for is a deeper look at who I am. Of course, I leave pieces of myself inside every novel that I write but since I’m not quite ready to release Monsters, Mirrors and Smoke, I decided to accomplish this in another way. This spawned the idea for Sometimes Brooklyn, Mostly Mars.


Inception, Reem After Dark (Seduce you), Mars, The Grind, Haunted, Goodbyes, Write or Die, Power, Tributes, and Visits to Venus are the chapter headings that I have so far. Basically, this book will be a compilation of all my favorite Facebook status updates, Tweets, blog posts, short pieces and thoughts of 2010.

Putting everything together and organizing it all under the proper headings has been a task in itself. It has also been interesting for me as I get a chance to reflect on what my mentality has been. (It’s official, I AM crazy) LOL. At times, I’ve really been way out there. At others, I’ve been incredibly focused. All the same, it’s all been part of an interesting ride. As I look back, I wouldn’t change a thing.

What’s surprised me the most on this project is the varying lengths of the chapters. It shows how certain feelings have dominated my psyche. “Goodbyes” happens to be one of the longest. I was surprised to discover how many people and things I’ve let go of this year. But, as I read each passage, I knew that I had made the right decision, every single time. It is what it is, and I always let it do what it does. All I know is that I will always do what it takes to keep me smiling and moving forward. All I can do is hold onto the right things and let go of the wrong ones. Hopefully, all that will be left is just a better me.

If you happen to be reading this and you happen to be one of the people I said goodbye to, I won’t apologize because you know why I walked or had to turn my back. I never meant to hurt your feelings but, I can’t worry about how you feel when you were trying to impose your negative emotions on me. I’m not a drop-off box for your past pain. Or, maybe you might have just been a leech or parasite. I can’t have that either. Growing up, I’ve learned to let go when I’m supposed to. (And I’m quite grown) And to be honest, some of you just aren’t good people. Why have you around when it’s only a matter of time before you do something that I wouldn’t forgive?

No comments:

Post a Comment