Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reem’s Room by Keith Kareem Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwyjxsOYnys&feature=feedwll&list=WL
 
Reem’s Room

By Keith Kareem Williams

Whether you like the song or not, “Marvin’s Room” by Drake (Jojo, Chris Brown or whoever else decided to remix it by now) it’s undeniable that the song received a strong reaction from listeners. People could relate to the lyrics because I believe that everyone has stood on BOTH sides of THAT fence. Well, I’ve decided to give you a “gully” version. Enjoy…




Infiltration
You and I were right where we were supposed to be but HE didn’t think so. He was such a bitch that he hated that I had what he wanted and in his mind, I didn’t deserve it more than he did. If HE was better, he should have gone and got his own and shown me how it should be done. Instead, he planted weeds in our garden. I felt the changes and tried to warn you not to eat the flowers. You were being charmed by a coward. I guess you didn’t recognize that his approach was cowardly. I guess I didn’t have the power to make you listen. I used to feel bad about that but I don’t anymore. As the story goes, Eve ate the fruit when her Creator warned her not to. If she didn’t listen to HIM then who am I that you should listen to me right?

Confusion
Now, every time we disagree he’s right there, on time with a focused mind to kick dirt on me. He’s telling you that he can do better and you started to believe him. I really should hate you too but I only have energy to extend sympathy. He used fake empathy to turn you against me. When you spoke to me, it wasn’t even YOUR words anymore. I knew you well enough to know your voice. Of course, everything he said he’d do different sounded good. You gave him the blueprint when you told him everything you thought I did wrong. Then, for the first time since you realized that you loved me, you turned your head in another direction and weakened our connection. I realized this one night in a moment of quiet reflection…after you were gone. I was confused back then and didn’t know why there was suddenly this space. Originally I felt like the lesser man until I opened my eyes and realized that it was you who got caught up in his plans and fell into his hands.

It's Over
Then, he did the worst kind of harm and talked you out of my arms. To this day we could have still been friends if you had acted human instead of rubbing it in. Because missing you made me weak, you chose to abuse the power that the situation gave you. I had loved you so much that when we were together, I never ever played you. I used to take pride in walking beside you knowing that other chicks would go out of their way to get my attention. I never gave it to them. Everything I had was for you, even when I was mad at you. I was lost inside you but since you’ve been gone, I’ve grown to appreciate your absence. I remember who I am now and I don’t think I’ll ever forget again. I’m glad. I would never have gotten the chance to become what I am now, which is better than I was.

Pain
It’s funny how tables turn. I used to be the one holding the blade of the knife while you held the handle. At first the pain was mine but now it’s all yours and you’re forced to eat it. In quiet moments alone, I know you can’t believe it. You walk around with that fake smile so you can lie to the world and pretend that you’re happy to be his girl. Everything he gave you was hollow but he promised you the world.

Missing
It’s not the same when he touches you because the “new-ness” and the excitement is long gone. He doesn’t touch you like I can and he never really could. You lied to yourself by thinking he was good. You close your eyes and when he’s in you it’s only me that you see. The problem is you can’t feel me…not for real and it makes you want to cry. I knew exactly how and when to make love to you. I never got it wrong when I knew when you wanted to get fucked hard instead of romanced. I knew when to kiss you softly and when to hit it hard and pull your hair. He doesn’t know or maybe after he got to fuck he really doesn’t care. I’m not saying that you couldn’t do better than me but it’s obvious that “better” wasn’t him. YOU cheated on him with ME and told me so yourself. It’s too late now because I don’t love you the same and I really can’t help. The fun and games phase is over. Now, when real shit needs to get done you’re suffering in pain because that man and I are not the same.

Tragedy
Lying to yourself because you hate the man you’re with now. You’re in bed looking at him saying to yourself, “Damn. What the fuck! How?” Let me tell you how it happened and how I ended up missing. The bullshit he spit glistened and you listened. I don’t have to say, “Fuck your new man,” because you say that shit yourself. You don’t need my help.

Bitch-assness
I’ve never kicked dirt on another man just to get with a woman. If she chooses me, it’ll be on my own worth and merit. I prefer it that way. I’ve been hated on in the worst kind of way but I’m better off without the mess at the end of the day. He told you that he could do better. He lied.

*This is dedicated to every person who has ever been hated on by a loser*



That's just me throwing up the middle finger!!!!!!





6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. You have the uncanny ability to evoke emotion from me. I'm not a fan of Marvin's Room, but Reem's Room is where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you loved it. When I decided to create this blog, I pomised to be honest and always give readers me, the "real me" No perfect pictures or superhero themes. I write it as I feel it. It's good to know that people appreciate and relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, this is so deep! I'm going to have to go back and read it again...and again....and again. Sometimes people don't realize that the grass is NOT greener, and they let another person talk them out of a good thing. They don't realize it until it's too late. That's when regret sets in, but once you've hurt someone with this type of rejection (that's the way I see it...as rejection), they're not going to take you back. If they do, it will NEVER be the same.

    SNAP IT UP!!!! This is PROFOUND!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you tell a person everything that the last person did wrong, just because they start off doing those things "right," doesn't mean they're going to stick to it OR that they're sincere. People will pose as what you WANT them to be. They will masquerade as whatever you seem to need or desire at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup! And it usually ends in tragedy. Someone's sadness is usually so deep that they never recover from it. If I left a person, I always left on my own without outside influence. I think that later on, if you even realize it was a mistake, it's easier to cope with when you know it was solely YOUR decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is the truth because if you replace the "she" with "he" you've told my personal love story.

    It took me years to put it all together in this order, as you've done here. The wronged person must put it in this order to make sense of that which is so hard to understand, to move on...

    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete