Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ABOUT Tourniquet by Keith Kareem Williams

FOREWORD
T
his story takes place nine years after the events that took place in the first “War Angel” novel and features Josephine and Angela who were both first introduced on those pages. Although they weren’t the main protagonists, their roles in that novel set in motion a very important chain of events. The strange thing is, I actually wrote “Tourniquet” as a short story before I found the inspiration to begin writing my “War Angel” saga. After I released “War Angel II: Where Angels Fear to Tread,” I stumbled across my handwritten pages of “Tourniquet” and decided to extend the story because, in my heart, I felt that it would make a great novella. It’s strange how my mind works sometimes and I honestly don’t know if it’s foresight, creativity born in my subconscious, or divine influence that makes things work out the way they do when it comes to my writing. I think it’s safe to say that it’s most likely a combination of all three.
I almost left this story in my file cabinet collecting dust, along with a host of others, but I truly feel that it is an important story to share because in my lifetime, I have known and loved women who have survived similar situations. This is my way of saying, I love you to them. I want them to know that I see their scars, physical and emotional, even if no one else does.
For my readers who have followed, enjoyed and loved the “War Angel” books, I hope this novella satisfies your appetite and keeps you full until I release the final book of the trilogy, “War Angel III: Catalina.” Thanks for all of the love and support.
-           Keith Kareem Williams

March 3, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment