Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Love Letters - Endless Volumes of Me


Endless Volumes o f Me
By Keith Kareem Williams


Dear YOU,

For days I’ve been struggling to come up with the right words to explain everything I’ve ever wanted to say to you. I began to write some of it down but then the notebooks filled up, and the papers piled up, and when I kept going, pen after pen ran out of ink. What started off as a love letter began to turn into a book….and then that book turned into volumes and volumes of nothing but an outpouring of my soul and my heart…as cliché as that sounds. I took a step away from the pages and realized that if I kept going at the pace I was going, I would never write another story about anything else because the one I was writing was the only one that mattered. If I kept going, I would fill a bookshelf and then eventually a room with volume after volume dedicated to you…my ONLY true muse. Other faces all look the same and none of them even closely resembles yours. Then, I stopped writing. I wish there was a way, even if it was only for a day, that I could let you step inside my head to see what I see and feel about you and only you. But, since that’s impossible, I’m just going to do what I can to show you, bit by bit every day, even though it may take me what’s left of my lifetime and yours. I’m taking a risk writing this because you’re my ONLY weakness. I’m sure of myself in everything else.
                                                                               
                                                                                                        No Matter What Happens,
                                                                                                        Love Always.

P.S.,

Like I said before, it has ALWAYS been you. It never stopped being you.  

7 comments:

  1. One woman, somewhere.... Has really "taken" you. I hope she's reading all the things you put out here for her (and ONLY her).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ann, Glad you liked the post. I'm reckless with my heart because at the end of the day, I believe that being like that makes life an adventure and worth living. Every now and then i get in the mood to write something like this...and then tomorrow I'm back to being a savage. Lol

      Delete
  2. You should spend more time sailing on the mood your heart tries so hard to keep discreet. You never know you might sail oceans far and wide and find long lost treasure that's been waiting to be found by you. Feel, hold and trust your true vibrations and your heart will sail free to a heart that fits perfectly, eternal with yours.

    Love your work like I love cooked food, don't stop feeding the hunger for that realness xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words as always "Anonymous." I always enjoy your comments. We should really collaborate on something one day. I love the way you interpret what I write. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is some kind of love! This is a really sweet piece, there are so many facets of you! This is your destiny, your time and its only headed upward for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Midnight. I have to be in the right mood to write like this. I'm usually less straight-forward and like to shroud truth in my fiction. I hope that my career becomes all that and more. Thanks for always supporting all of my work and being in my corner. As i always tell you, if I had 1,000 "you's" I'd be in great shape. :)

      Delete