Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Her Rhythm, My Blues

Her Rhythm, My Blues

Your rhythm is the perfect match for my blues because everything we have going on feels like a soulful slow song. For as long as I can remember, melancholy seems to be my natural state of mind most times but you’re the only one who can change that with a smile. You don’t press me or stress me to be different from what I am. You accept it without question but only because you understand why I am the way I am. There’s nothing about you that doesn’t seem perfect to me because all I see is that you’re exactly the way you’re supposed to be. And when I say that you’re perfect, I’m not trying to apply pressure for you to try to be without flaws. I just mean that the only imperfections I’m interested in are all yours.

Sometimes I’m quiet but it’s never a problem between us because we don’t need to hear each other’s voices to speak. A whole day can go by where we only communicate with body language. You read me like the words, sentences, paragraphs and chapters from one of my books. Even there, you see me on those pages clearer than anyone else can. You know how to let me know exactly what you need, exactly when you need it. Even when we’re apart, you’re still right here. I can feel it. We both know how to keep our business to ourselves and although the world always wants more and more pieces of me, there will always be things that I will only share with you.


The past is the past and neither one of us is looking back at anywhere we’ve been or at anyone that we’ve been with. They’re just going to have to hate because we let it all go and simply admit that they were all beautiful mistakes. Your heart has been hurt so much but you trust me to stop the bleeding. I swear to hold you down because, besides myself, you gave me something real to believe in. Your rhythm is the only one I want to vibe to as I lose all of my blues deep inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment