Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

For You

For You

I wonder if you know that every drop of ink I spill today is a tribute to you. I wonder if you really know how often my thoughts are consumed with the parts of you that infatuate me as I eagerly anticipate the next time I get a chance to make more memories with you. I find inspiration in the strangest places and you inspire me in the strangest ways like no one before you has been able to.
I’m in love with those lips but not just because of how soft they feel or how sweet they taste when we kiss. I am haunted by all of the dope conversations we’ve had, and the power of the words you whisper to me that always seem to be exactly what I need. If I didn’t know better, I might think you used magic or something unnatural to trap me because I never even noticed when I became so wrapped up with you.
I hear your voice in the rain and remember your tears as I watch the heavy droplets fall from high up in the sky down into my eyes as I look up, amazed by the heights from which they’ve traveled to reach me here where I stand on the ground. I feel the same way about your love. There is something genuinely different about you and the way your soul speaks to me in language that I understand. With a dangerous smile, you brag and tell me that it’s that Goddess Love you give me and I’m a little embarrassed, but I’m honest enough in this moment to admit that I have to agree.
I don’t gift you flowers that will quickly wither, then eventually die because you say that you rather hold my hand in places where they grow naturally and should be, free to live and grow, just as we are. Today, as it rains outside and waters those gardens, your vibe waters me and helps me to grow into a better person, a better father, a better author and a better man, so ALL of the ink I spill today, every single drop is For You.

Everyone is free to believe, or NOT believe in anything they choose but, when I look at an amazing woman, mind, body & soul...I’d have to ask an atheist, “How can you NOT believe in God?
– Keith Kareem Williams



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, meaningful words strung perfectly together. I wish someone would recall moments in time with & say things like that to me.Thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome @Anonymous and thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this blog post. Before getting to the end I thought that you were using personification to capture your feelings and emotions toward the Goddess of Literature. I see now that you were describing a physical woman but to even open my imagination in such a manner shows writing GENIUS!!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @W.Michelle, Thank you. I always try to write in such a manner that the words stay with you, long after.

      Delete