Search This Blog

Monday, February 29, 2016

Savages

Savages
She and I are similar because of life and the cruel lessons it taught us. When the love that we thought was real betrayed us, it changed us. What we always thought being in love was supposed to be turned out to be just smoke, mirrors fantasy. Ever since I opened my eyes and became totally uncivilized, I’ve been attracted to wild things with reckless, broken hearts. I'm not lying to her and promising to try to fix her because I believe in my heart that who she has become is much more beautiful than what she was. Her pain is a part of her soul and she wouldn't be the same woman without it. Because of those old scars that she bears, she's able to see mine and translate every line accurately to truly read me. She gets it, from the words on the pages I spill in ink to the tattoos that mark my flesh. I understand that the walls that she has built aren’t meant to protect her from the world. The real truth is that those walls exist to protect the world from her. I understand this because the walls I’ve built serve the same exact purpose. Of all the suitors and fans that she has, she can’t bring herself to love any of them but it’s not because she’s cold. They call her foolish because all the so-called "nice guys" in the world can’t make her blood warm. They don’t understand that not in a million years could a lioness truly ever love a gazelle. To her, they will always be prey. She has evolved to love only lions and everyone else that is anything less is just wasting their time.


But, what happens when two people who have become savages collide like two forces of nature and eventually, inevitably fall hopelessly in love? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how the rest of the story goes. It will either be an unexpected journey to a beautiful end or a tumultuous path to a beautiful tragedy. All I know is that only savages can truly tame each other.

Copyright © 2015 Keith Kareem Williams
All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment