Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Overdose


Overdose
I am greedy whenever SHE is around me. I do everything to let HER know that I don’t want to let HER go even though she’s always FREE to leave. SHE is not my prisoner or my property and I don’t want to own HER, or control HER. SHE stays because SHE wants to…not because SHE needs to. That’s how you can always tell if a woman REALLY FEELS you…when she had a million options but still decided to choose YOU.
As I exhale this cigar smoke, I can see HER face in the cloud I create around my head and in front of my face. If I close my eyes, I can hear HER voice as clear as if SHE was right here, whispering in my ear. With the lights off, I can feel HER touch as SHE traces the lines of my tattoos and reads the story that each line of the inked designs secretly shares. Even in my smoke-filled room, above the aroma of my cigar, I can still smell the sweet fragrance she dabbed right behind HER ear and at the nape of HER neck. SHE’s the only woman that makes me scared of how much I want her. I live in constant danger of overdosing on HER and everything that SHE is because she can snatch my soul with a kiss. Love is HER gift but she won’t give it to just anybody.

Copyright © 2018 Keith Kareem Williams
All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment