Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

MADONNA

Madonna (Italian: My Lady)

…has to be crazier than me but also have a different grip on reality than I do. (If that makes any sense?) Because we’re both passionate and melancholy beings, we have to balance each other’s personalities in some way. She’s talented but in a different way from me. I work with words and she’s creatively crazy in another medium. We both share freaky, geeky, unique perspectives on the world.

Power: …...she has power over me that other women don’t, and never will. What gifts I have, she’s an amplifier. She makes me stronger and last longer in everything I do. I’m a force alone but when I’m exhausted, my Madonna makes me feel alive. Basically, she makes me better, not worse. Her being in my life is a gift and not a curse. The story in her eyes and the truth in her smile is too complicated for anyone to understand except me.

Fear: …………of course, there’s always the fear factor. Both of us know that we might not survive being hurt by one another because it just runs that deep between us. Ours is not a random, roll of the dice relationship. From the time we started, it felt like it was designed. We both fear the devastation that the breaking of the bond we share would cause.

Freedom: ….................The beauty of our situation is the freedom of it. We stay because we choose to, not because we have to.

*Now, I know some of y’all are going to read this and say, ”Damn, who is Reem talking about?” Well, if it’s you, you already know. But, it’s most likely that I ain’t finding a Madonna this time around. It’s cool to write about it though. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment