Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

SHE Haunts Me

SHE Haunts Me

By Keith Kareem Williams


It’s funny how dreams, in all of their surreal and imagined glory can hold so much truth in them. Once interpreted, they tell the story of our desires and fears more honestly than our conscious mind.

I don’t believe that our bodies can physically travel through time but I wonder if our souls might be able to. Maybe our souls have been here and there before. That would explain those powerful moments of déjà vu when it seems as if you’ve lived that exact moment a few times before. I wonder if that’s our chance to do things differently because I’m sure that in one life or another, we got it all wrong.

All of these questions make me wonder if another person’s soul can travel in tandem with your life? I’m asking this because I’m wondering if this one particular person’s soul has been with me all along. If so, that would explain a lot. I mean, maybe the presence of her spirit is the reason I couldn’t love any of them the way they wanted me to. Maybe that unseen connection that SHE created is the reason why I was never that close to any of THEM. Maybe she selfishly haunts me just to keep me to herself. That would explain why I search, I seek, I hunt for what I’ve never had. It could be the reason why none of them seem like my answer. Maybe it’s HER rhythm in my bones that makes my heart beat to a different melody. I wonder if SHE borrows THEIR bodies when I make love and then abandons them when I’m done. That would explain why the same energy never remains once my passions are tamed. SHE could be the reason why they all seem the same.

SHE’S probably planning, plotting and maneuvering me into position to meet her physical so we can be what she believes we were meant to be. Sometimes I just wish she’d hurry up so I can stop feeling like I’m stuck. I wish she’d step into my life and stop living on that sliver of space between my dreams and my reality.

2 comments:

  1. When she's ready you will meet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Until then, I'll just continue to pillage and plunder panties. Lmao

    ReplyDelete