Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blow Over Screenplay (Sample)

This is a sample from the Screenplay I wrote that the producer has now requested that I also turn into a novel.

Blow Over
sample of an Original Screenplay by Keith Kareem Williams

SUPPLIER

You’ve never come to me for this much product. What’s going on?


CONNECT
They say they have a buyer that can move it.


SUPPLIER
Oh, I see. And who is this mysterious buyer?


CONNECT
I don’t know. Some foreigner.


SUPPLIER
(smirking sarcastically)
Some foreigner? And you trust your little goon squad?


CONNECT
Of course. They’re loyal to me. Without me, they wouldn’t have shit, they wouldn’t be shit. I basically saved their lives. Everything they have is because I created the lane for them to have it.


SUPPLIER
(Doubt heavy in his voice)
Really?
(Shaking his head and looking directly at the CONNECT)
So, it’s the troubled lives of wolves and sheepdogs playing out before my eyes.


CONNECT
What?


SUPPLIER
In this shady underworld that we do business in, you can’t confuse the three or the results can be disastrous. There are differences between wolves, sheep and sheepdogs.


CONNECT
I don’t understand. What the hell are you talking about?


SUPPLIER
Some people are sheep, content to graze peacefully and quietly play their roles. These goons that work for you, they are NOT that. But, I’m sure you know this. To you, these boys that work for you are sheepdogs. They keep the wolves off of your back. They keep you safe.


CONNECT
What are you trying to say, that I’m soft?


SUPPLIER
(Putting his index finger up sternly)
Listen, I’m too old to mince words. We both know that without those boys keeping you safe, the wolves of that stinking city you conduct your business in would have eaten you alive a long time ago. Make no mistake about it, you are the sheep. You would be content to just make your money and play your position. You know your role.
(Putting his hand on the CONNECT’S shoulder)
That is not a bad thing at all. It’s why you’re my favorite. You have no greedy little eyes on my throne. You keep your head down and graze. But, I think you’re making a mistake and I’m obligated to warn you.


CONNECT
What mistake?


SUPPLIER
These brothers that work for you are not sheepdogs. They are wolves. And, greedy wolves at that. They protect you from the rest so that you can grow fat. One day, they’ll feast on YOUR flesh.

CONNECT
I’ll take my chances with them. They’ve never let me down. I trust them with my life.


SUPPLIER
You can trust them with your life. I don’t trust them with my product.


The SUPPLIER signals to one of his BODYGUARDS. The BODYGUARD nods and disappears OFF CAMERA. In a few moments, he returns with two grim, fearsome looking men (THE SHEPHERDS) and begins to walk them over to where the CONNECT and the SUPPLIER are sitting.


CONNECT
So, you won’t give me the work then?


SUPPLIER
Oh, I’m going to give you the work. Money always has to be made. I just won’t be letting you handle it alone.


THE SHEPHERDS walk into the screen and stand behind the CONNECT and the SUPPLIER at the bench where they’re seated. The CONNECT looks over his shoulder nervously at these two fearsome, intimidating men.


CONNECT
What’s this?


SUPPLIER
(Waving his hand at the men nonchalantly)
These are my SHEPHERDS. They’ll keep you and my product safe on this one. Pick it up tomorrow in the usual spot. They’ll be there with it. Oh, by the way. One more thing.


CONNECT
(Getting up to leave)
What’s up?


SUPPLIER
Warn your sheepdogs not to fuck with me. I’ll kill them, and everything they love.

***cOMING sOON***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment