Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Road Vol. 1

The Road Vol. 1


By Keith Kareem Williams





I just want people to know that nothing happens overnight and that this is a grind. This is hard work. This is sacrifice and this is dedication. This is difficult. Turning dreams into reality always is. I’m just trying to lean on Heaven’s gates while I’m still alive.



WATER FLOWS UNDER DOORS into OPEN SPACES until the end up at a CROSSROADS……



Water Flows Under Doors was the beginning. Even now it feels like it was my first real act of bravery in life. It took a lot to actually stop talking about it taking the first step to really being about it. It was the first time I actually stepped outside of my comfort zone and made an effort to make something real happen. I was just tired of dreaming about it. I could have also titled it, “Where I’m From” because that’s exactly what it is. It’s a vivid depiction of life through my eyes translated in ink based on things I’ve seen. Somewhere on the journey between its pages, you will feel what the characters feel because the life that I describe is real.

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Flows-Under-Kareem-Williams/dp/1419601482/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310757920&sr=1-1
The feedback when I first released the book was insanely positive. It felt good to know that people appreciated my style, story and talent. It was still strictly a labor of love. Life and providing for my family caught up with me. I made choice to put my book away and put down my pen for far too long. That was the first time I came dangerously close to letting my dreams wither and die. I don’t regret those years at all. I got a chance to feel more, hurt more, love more and understand reality just a little better. Then, like magic, I found inspiration and started writing on my own again. It felt right and I felt ready. The first thing I had to do was re-release Water Flows Under Doors and participate in my first book fair. I was excited and nervous when I got the invite to the Westrock Book Fair.
It rained, it drizzled but I still got love as a rookie. The turnout wasn’t tremendous but it gave me the confidence to do another event as soon as possible. It felt right and I was ready. My first Harlem Book Fair was next.
This is where I met an amazing group of people who have become family to me. The members of The Readers In Motion Book Club ALL walked up to my table, asked me about my books and ALL bought copies. I respected it. It was a big risk to take with an unknown author. They could have easily bought one copy and shared it. I’ll never forget that day or the love they’ve shown me since then.
My second novel, Open Spaces was painful and difficult for me to write. The story is fiction but the emotions, sentiment and raw vibe were taken from my own experiences. I had grown up since Water Flows Under Doors and I intended to show the world just how much. The only way for me to accomplish this was to leave pieces of my soul on the pages, fearlessly. I had evolved and took a step closer to what I wanted to be. I could feel it. I also felt trapped in a world I didn’t want to be in so, two weeks before I received the physical Proof of the book from the printer, I gave my job my two week’s notice. I stepped out on faith and confidence that I could get this done. I’m still here. People loved Open Spaces and I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished. I’ve lost a few people along the way but I’ve also gained some important ones in my life.

http://www.amazon.com/Open-Spaces-Keith-Kareem-Williams/dp/1451504586/ref=pd_sim_b_1


Through chats on The Readers In Motion Book club’s website, I met my talented, amazing co-authors for Crossroads: An Anthology. One night, someone said that it would be awesome if we all got together and wrote a book one day. It started as a thought that turned into a dream which evolved into the work that we now present to you. Every author brought their own unique voice and style. I hope you love it and support it.
Special thanks to DK Gaston, Elizabeth LaShaun and KR Bankston………my PNC’s on this anthology.
http://www.amazon.com/Crossroads-An-Anthology-ebook/dp/B005964QO6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310758242&sr=1-1

What’s next? You’ll have to pay attention to find out.

2 comments:

  1. Yo... u & I must be long lost bros. Love it. It izzzz what it izzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt fam. It's a hard road and a lot of people don't see the pain behind the scenes that precedes some of the glory. It izzz what it izzzz. Thanks for checking out the blog bro.

    ReplyDelete