Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Creative Collaboration

Creative Collaboration

by Keith Kareem Williams
An idea is like air. It is intangible and invisible. The only way to know that it even exists sometimes is for some type of movement to turn something was that otherwise intangible into a draft, a breeze, a strong wind or a hurricane. Ideas die quickly if no action is taken to make them tangible. The whole world is full of ideas that never reach their potential because most people never take steps to make their dreams become reality. If you find yourself in a circle that kills your creativity…get out of that circle as fast as you can.

I've always been a person that believed that if I wanted something done right, I'd have to do it myself. That was partly because I was surrounded by too many "talkers" and not nearly enough "doers." I'm more careful about the type of folk I allow into my circle. There is nothing better than ideas bouncing back and forth between people who are passionate about what they do. This is exactly what transpired when I shared my vague vision of what I wanted the cover of "Glass Goddesses, Concrete Walls" to look like with Am W. I appreciate her work ethic, respect her passion and greatly admire her talent. When she makes up her mind to do something….she gets it done with the enthusiasm of someone who truly, deeply, loves what they do. I put the creation of this cover totally in her hands and she took it to another level. When I saw the finished product it inspired me to work even harder to finish the novel. Now that's a good person to have in my circle.


 

Follow the link to read where I interviewed her for the blog:
 
Take a look at her artwork:
 
***In the meantime...let me get back to finishing up this novel so I can have some amazing prose to go along with this gorgeous cover.***
 

6 comments:

  1. Keith, I'm speechless right now and humbly appreciate your kind words. It has truly been a blessing to work with you. Quality not quantity in our circles. I have soooo much more that I want to say but my thoughts are not formulating. I'm just really thankful. ttyl
    ~AmW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lee-Lee, I could have written a few chapters on how fun it has been working with you. I kept it short and sweet instead. Keep being "YOU" because who you are is pretty amazing. TTYL

      Delete
    2. I keep meaning to change my blog name. I know some people are like how many names does she have. lol
      Keith! Awwwwww. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Now shhhhh and ✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎

      Delete
    3. I took your advice. I've been writing....writing...and writing all night. It's 5:17am and I'm still going. I may take a nap in a few before I get back to it.

      Delete
    4. Can't wait to see what transpires. I'm ready to pre-order! lol (shoves money at you and walks away). Keep creating Mr Awesomeness.

      Delete
    5. Thanks. I'm trying my best....despite the occasional bump in the road.

      Delete