Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rainy Days in Brooklyn Vol.1


Rainy Days in Brooklyn Vol.1

I won't tell anyone that you're still afraid of thunder and lightning if you won't tell that I still wake up in cold sweats from my nightmares. I will never tell another soul that you're lonely if you let me keep you company when the weight of the silence is too much. Because you're nowhere near right now, I turn everything off so I can hear your voice in the rain. The sound is so clear on that cloudy day that I didn't have to strain to understand everything that you'd never say out loud. The same water falling on you is the same water falling on me. We're both caught up in our own thoughts about what we are now as opposed to what we could be. I use the ink from my pen to form these words scrawled on blank pages. It's my interpretation of what I read in the downpour. Later on tonight you'll be curled up in bed with a pillow between your legs wishing it was me. If you wouldn't fight with your conscience and come over here… then it really could be.


10 comments:

  1. "I turn everything off so I can hear your voice in the rain" .... "It's my interpretation of what I read in the downpour." ....
    You never fail to amaze me Reem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AmW. This is why I always enjoy life. I try my best to see things in ways that other people don't. Who says magic isn't real. The world is a lot more interesting than we can even imagine. I try my best to imagine all that it is and could be.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome sweetie and thank you for continuing to share you gift with us. <3

      Delete
  2. First long nights in Brooklyn, now rainy days... seems you are going through something.

    Long rainy nights in Brooklyn will be the fix for both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. As always....you say the best things ; )

      Delete
  3. Wonderful. Rain is always a major catalyst for my writing. It carries so many different feelings...nostalgia, lonliness, sexiness, loss, pain, and even whimsy at times. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you stir my imagination with you words...You got a girl day dreaming! AB x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I have that affect on you AB! *smiling* Thanks for reading.

      Delete