Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Only You


Only You

Only you know if you think about me every day. Another soul would never know if you check every alert on your phone as if by some miracle it could be me calling. You would never tell anyone whether or not you have to fight the urge to call me. There's not another person alive who knows about the secret, slight, subdued moment of excitement when you catch a glimpse of me online. Only inside your mind you still anticipate the end of my sentences, hang on the words, finish my thoughts or think the same things I'm thinking. Only you know if your heart would jump out of your chest if I would just say hello. You're the only one who knows if you ache for long nights in Brooklyn.

Those are all the things for you to know because you'd never share those things with anyone…not even me. (Stop me if I lie.)


3 comments: