Search This Blog

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A New Platform


One thing I've learned about book lovers is that they are some of the most amazing people on the planet and they also have a ravenous appetite for great reads...stories that stay with them long after they've read the last page. Since I started on this journey, that's what I've always tried to give them. 

On most days, it's a mental and creative workout to keep up with their demands. As a full-time author, I've always had to try to find a balance between sharing new material to keep my audience engaged in-between book releases and dedicating enough time to actually write the novels that keep the bills paid. Then, there's the HUGE chunk of time that I have to dedicate to promoting the books, both online and also out in the real world, getting my hands dirty, wearing out the soles of my sneakers, deep in the trenches. (I'll get back to that in a bit.)

Recently, I've noticed that certain social media sites are purposely limiting the organic reach of creative, self-employed entrepreneurs like myself. I did a bit of brainstorming and realized that the only thing left for me to do was to adapt to what the cyber jungle is now.

By chance, or by fate, I stumbled across a site where I could share my work with folks who actually want to read much more work from me. Instead of posting to sites where I would get thousands and thousands of views but not much engagement or interaction, I can now share directly with my audience intimately and exclusively as well. One of the beautiful things I've learned about my real audience is that they're all more than willing to support my work because they genuinely want to see me win. Honestly, my goal is to have enough supporters of this Patreon page that I can spend even MORE time actually creating and a little less time hustling books hand-to-hand out in the streets.

Since the end of 2017, I've been working on a ton of new material in many different genres. I can't wait to share what I've been cooking up in my lab.

I hope you decide to check out the new page and it would be awesome if you joined. Every subscriber helps me get closer to my goals. Even at the BRONZE level, you still get access to the new stories I'll be posting.   





No comments:

Post a Comment