Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

7 Ways to Avoid Writer's Block (Preview)



Hey guys. I've decided to use Tuesdays to share writing tips on my Patreon on page and also here on my blog. Here's a preview of the full article from my Patreon Page. (Subscribe & sign up for the Silver Package to gain access to all of my writing tips.)












1. The Word Count Sand Trap
Stop paying so much attention to word counts! Just STOP! You want to be creative and to actually BE creative, you have to feel free. That means eliminating as much unnecessary pressure as you can. I am old school so I prefer to write with pen and paper for all of my first drafts but, whenever I’ve tried to write directly into the computer, setting word count goals just always felt like another obstacle that distracted me from what my REAL goal was…which was to write great material. I’ve had days when I’ve only written a single page but, THAT single page turned out to be incredible. Those magical single pages of prose sometimes defined entire novels because of how powerful they ended up being. 










2. Freestyle…Often
Consider free-styling as a warm-up to whatever serious writing you have planned. When you’re not feeling particularly inspired about something you’re working on, try free-writing about anything, a song, something on the television, or your day up until that point. It will get your mind working and revved up.









To read the rest of my Tips for Avoiding Writer's Block, go to my Patreon Page and sign up for the Silver Package subscription to have access to ALL of my writing tips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment