Search This Blog

Monday, August 6, 2018

It’s Just My Way


It’s Just My Way

I don’t want to buy you. You’re not a thing so why would I even try to? And if I tried to, wouldn’t that mean that I was the kind of man that believed that I could always just buy another instead of truly cherishing you? I’m just not that type…no matter what everybody else might want to be. I’m content to be me. You are LIFE…at least to ME you are.
I already told you that I refuse to try to buy you and that should tell you that I have no desire to own you. I’m content to even just let you BE. As long as you’re happy, that’s enough for me to smile. You’re not a pet for me to collar, or train, or to purposely shackle with my last name.
I don’t believe in owning you so you should see that I definitely don’t want to control you. What I LOVE, and have ALWAYS loved is that you have your own mind. You’ve never hesitated to disagree with me but, we never argue. I love the version of you that’s free and fearless, even though it means that you could possibly live happily without me. Why would I want to change that?
I don’t want you to NEED me. It feels better to be wanted. You are free and I only want you with me it that’s exactly where you want to be. Strange though it may seem, that’s just my way.
Other people mistake me for being cold. I can only hope that YOU know better. What passes for love nowadays isn’t enough for me. I crave and want something that’s more real than what most people settle for. If it’s not THAT, then I don’t want it. Because of that, people mistake me for a cynic when the truth is…I believe in LOVE more than most people who preach, scream and cry that they do too. Real love never dies and if I told YOU that I love you, then that will always be how I feel…even if we have to exist apart…growing in separate spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment