Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

If You Let Me………

I would write you a love song but I couldn’t sing it to you the way I heard it in my mind. I wouldn’t want to cheat you. Instead, I do it my way and give you what you deserve, every word vividly visualized in my mind, the best way I know how to express it. I have a writer’s mind, vibe, spirit and soul……..to the very core of everything I am.


I want you to close your eyes, put your head on my chest, and listen to this story that I wrote. But, only if you’re willing make that choice, to lose yourself inside the sound of my voice. I want you to tell me if these words move you. I want to know if what I’ve written on this paper causes anything to stir inside you. If you have pain that’s locked away, I want these paragraphs to steal it. I’ll keep it safe, just in case you ever told me that you needed it. I want everything to tingle even though I’m not using my hands. I want these lines to feel like they’re etched on your flesh. Every sentence heightens your senses and you can imagine you’re trapped in this world I’ve created. I want you giggle too, when these characters do and their tears become your own when they grieve.

Then, I want you to open those eyes that I asked you to close. I need you to feel like every bit of prose became a mirror reflection of everything that is you. I want you to understand that everything you thought you locked away is something that I look deep enough inside you to notice every day. I see, I believe it and I know that it’s real. I can’t write you a love song but this is what I can do.



ALSO. READ THE REVIEWS FOR MY 1ST NOVEL.....Water Flows Under Doors

7 comments:

  1. Nice. That was pretty much a love song. I enjoyed it, it was sweet and tender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, that was beautiful. This would put every hallmark card to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lena. I appreciate you checking out my blog.

    Tara, see, I can play nice. I'm not always gully. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What! This was poetically brilliant! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miss Mack. I was in a deep kinda mood when I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I'm moved and Stirred...That was beautiful KK "-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks lccush1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Follow the blog so you can see when I post more updates. Thanks for stopping by & reading my work.

    ReplyDelete