Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Reconstruction of Reem

By nature, human beings are predators. We basically hold dominion over most things and anything that we don’t, we naturally strive to make sure that eventually we do. It’s clear, based on our history and the way we behave that we seek to control most things. Whatever we can’t control, we deem dangerous and attempt to destroy.


Evolution is a must if a person intends to survive in this world. Any organism that fails to adapt to its environment eventually become extinct. Since I pan to thrive and survive for as long as I can, occasionally I have to become something new. As I said before, human beings are predators. As such, they’ll even resort to cannibalism in this “dog-eat-dog” world. What choice does a person have but to avoid being destroyed or devoured?

Everyone has a motive, an angle, or an agenda if you will. As you get older, you’ll find that your peers have become craftier and more skilled in manipulating situations to their benefit. If you don’t shed certain child-like tendencies, you’ll be eaten alive in a world of sharks. Sound pessimistic doesn’t it? I promise you, it’s all true.


From time-to-time, I overhaul my perception of the outside world and reconstruct myself. It’s the survival instinct in me. At my very core, I always have been, and always will be, the same old Reem. As the strategies, tactics and weapons that will be used against me change, I have to become a “new me.” Otherwise, I’d run the risk of being manipulated and taken advantage of. Never. So, as I prepare to enter a new phase of my life, I’m currently under reconstruction in preparation for the foolishness I’m sure that I’ll have to face.



2 comments:

  1. Your writing reads like poetry; it's intriguing. Makes you think and ponder on some things. Cause I know I'm currently under construction and probably always will be. I think people should always be trying to evolve and push forward.

    Have you ever written poetry purposely? Or is this your form of poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to write a lot of poetry when i was younger. (I don't know why i stopped) I guess you could say that this has become my form of poetry. I mix it with my prose sometimes to add weight to certain scenes or events. I find that it adds power to the moment. i have a book I'm slowly working that uses that particular style heavily. It's going to be titled, "Sometimes Brooklyn, Mostly Mars" It's a compilation of my random thoughts and favorite blog posts/articles

    ReplyDelete