Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pardon My Back

What are we talking about? Are we still dreaming, getting older every day and still talking about what we WANT to do one day? Are we running our mouths and not taking any steps to make it happen? Do we still have doubts about whether or not we have enough talent to make it happen? Are we still buying things to give the appearance that we’re making major moves when we’re really standing still? Are we still taking risks that could destroy our lives when we eventually get caught up? Are we online bragging all the time but if someone took a closer look those gems don’t really shine? Are we still trying to sound busy when we’re really, really bored? Oh, we’re still on that? Well then, I’m not co-signing THAT so please……… pardon my back!

Oh, so you’re here just to see what you can get? From afar you spotted and plotted on the potential although I’m not there yet? Or maybe you just want satisfaction and like the way I can get you wet? Think you can just whistle and I pop up with the sex pistol? Or maybe your mood is always blue and you won’t be satisfied until you infect me with it too? Maybe you’ve been hurt so much that you want to hurt me too? Do you have a mind of your own or do you need me to think for you too? Could it be that I’m so comfortable being me that you want to see if you can change me? Or, is the plan to prove that I’m just like every other man? Possibly, is it a fact that I might just be the latest toy? Or maybe I’m the challenge because I’m not as thirsty as the rest? Are you looking for flaws to convince yourself that I might not be the best? Do you want to put me to the test to wrest this thing out of my chest and make my life a mess? Can’t let you do that, so in advance, I gotta ask that you excuse me as I turn my back.

Are you mumbling and whispering gossip? Are you trying to turn fiction into real life facts? Are you tarnishing good people’s names in a petty attempt to gain some measure of fame? I bet you’re the villain dressed in a victim’s clothes. Are you starting fires, spreading rumors and pumping your own lies? Then you get caught in them, don’t stand by them, jump off the hot seat, pretending to cry? Are you really jealous over things that aren’t yours? You’re worse than a dog and you should walk on all fours. Attention-starved creep, I’ll never see you because I’ll never turn around. I rather keep people like you at my back.

Thought I was crazy when I said I’d make this work or die in the attempt? Oh, so you think I should have just been satisfied with the life I was lucky enough to have and be glad? You aren’t really a rider are you? Never really lifted a finger to help in any way, shape, form or fashion? Secretly hoped that I wouldn’t last, fall back and go back to doing what you do? Was it you that tried to sabotage the movement before it even started by quietly closing doors and believed I never saw? Doubted I was really ABOUT IT? You don’t believe in it? That’s cool. Just stand back and give me room. Don’t be offended when I turn around and chuck up the deuces.

I’ll only turn back around for the entertainment and satisfaction that the sick look on your face brings me. (Told y'all, I woke up in an ALPHA MALE mood today, complete with smashing the alarm clock and then beating on my chest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment