Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

JASMINE

(Jasminum sambac)


Jasmine flowers have been used to flavor tea for centuries. It is most common to consume jasmine flavored tea with meals or right after meals, as the flowers are considered a digestive aid. It is also believed that they help clear out turbidity in the blood from consuming overly rich and fatty foods. It is also taken after strong tasting foods, to cleanse the palate and freshen the breath. Some people simply like the taste, and consume this tea at any time.- taken from Wikipedia


                                                                                                                             April 14, 2011

Dear Jesmin,
        
          See, I didn't forget the "real" spelling of your name. I didn’t forget that I promised to dedicate a piece of my writing to you or why I made that promise. I remember that you came into my life at a time when I thought that I might die. I didn’t suffer as much as I could have because you saved me. I’ll never forget that and I’ll always be in your debt because of it. In a short span of time, you gave me something that I hadn’t gotten from somewhere I had been for a very long time. The strong taste of bitter loss was still strong in my mouth when I ran into you by chance and you kissed it away to make the world seem fresh again. I left you more than once, running back to the pain because I had grown accustomed to it. I regret that now, along with a million other things. I was confused by the tears that streamed down your face when I was inside you because I was lost. I was so lost that I couldn’t give you the very thing that you had saved from the abyss….my heart. But, never believe that I never loved you. In my own way, I did. I loved you enough to leave you alone and let you be happy. Every time I’d pop into your life, it would confuse you and you’d abandon whatever relationship you were in. That wasn’t fair to you. That’s why I eventually left you alone. I couldn’t selfishly consume the taste of you whenever I felt like without giving you what you deserved. That’s why I finally went away and never tried to find you again. I’m sure that it’s unlikely that you’ll ever read this but, I believe in energy. Wherever you are, you’ll FEEL these words all the same because I’ve done as I promised and expressed them. You’d be proud of me. I'm man enough to admit all of this. I’ve learned to love again since way back when we were entwined at the wrong time. With all my heart and everything that I am….I wish you all the best.

                                                                                                                      - Reem

4 comments:

  1. You have been awarded the versatile reader award. Go to my page to get your award, follow the directions from there.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen anything from you in a week RGG. Where's those titillating tales at? I need my fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena. I've been a little behind and had some deadlines to meet but, I'm BACK! Look for an update tis afternoon. Thanks for checking up on me. It feels good to know that you enjoy my posts. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete