Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to Love

How to Love

By Keith Kareem Williams


He studies everything as she sleeps, from the first peek of the early morning sunshine through the blinds on her forehead to her pretty toes that slip out from the bottom of the sheets. His words, his actions and the way he feels inside her are the different ways he speaks. She listens and for once, his world feels complete. Every flaw, imperfection and feminine curve combined with the beauty of her mind inspire him to reach higher heights instead of pulling him down. She sighs in her sleep and he swears that he has never heard a sweeter sound. If the world was on fire outside of their window, he would cover her and hold her close, just so that he would burn first. He loves her enough to die for her and for the first time, he doesn't feel cursed.

At that exact moment, while he's lost looking at her, she opens her eyes and smiles. She turns her face towards him and to her, nothing else exists.
Have a good morning ; )

6 comments:

  1. This right here is On Point! Bless,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting a comment. Glad you enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I know this post is not new but I'm catching up on posts I missed)

    Thanks for the post... I've often wondered what 'he' was thinking/feeling when I opened my eyes to 'him' watching me sleep. I'd like to think it was something like this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ann, I'm glad you liked it. Sometimes, we love you women more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. patrice kittentrice69 grimballFebruary 16, 2012 at 8:55 PM

    Touching... Damn.... Wow... Where are these brothers at????

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're still out here Trice.....you just gotta sort through the rubbish and find us. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece.

    ReplyDelete