Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

Subliminal

Subliminal

By Keith Kareem Williams

Subliminal messages in public? Really? Don't get me wrong, I understand that everybody needs to vent. It's healthy. I do it too. The difference between me and a lot of you is that before I say it in public, just to get it off my chest, I've said it to your face already, probably more than once too. Sometimes, saying it once is not enough so it's necessary to purge your feelings by sending them off into cyberspace. I get it. This is what I don't understand:

Are we so afraid of life that we can't say what we feel to the people that matter? Yeah, I know, EVERYBODY says they don't care and that it's NOT that serious but isn't it if you caught enough feelings about it to talk in public about it? We don't talk about what doesn't matter. There's not enough room in our minds or hearts for things we don't think about. Some of y'all just look silly trying to play off the fact that something stings, hurts or just plain got you mad. We're human. It happens. It doesn't look "gangsta" to fire off a ruthless series of subliminal assaults and then holla "I don't care!" Obviously you do. My question is this:

Why let it even go that far? EVERYBODY claims that they're honest. Everybody screams that they're real. Really? If that were the case, you would have said whatever you had to say to a person's face. With the majority of people, that's not the case. Instead they rather run amok in cyberspace. Wouldn't it be easier to just hit up the person that you have an issue with and say, "I didn't like what you did" or "That really pissed me off" or even "Damn, I really love you" ?

I'm a private person but I AM a man without secrets because I always say exactly how I feel. Even when it's something harsh, I'm grown enough to know how to say it without hurting someone's feelings so I don't have to pull punches when I talk. This is the way I live. This is the way I walk. I don't live in fear and I'm not scared of much. Therefore, there's no reason I wouldn't express exactly how I feel, to your face and not behind your back. If I don't like you, I'll tell you directly because I'm not afraid of retribution. If I love you I'll tell you and really mean it. I'm not afraid of the risk. No matter what happens, I'll live right up until the appointed time for me to go is upon me so only what's supposed to kill me will finish me off. Some of you live scared and don't even know it. I can't really help you out with that because honestly I don't know how to. I'm just designed differently but I guess that's what makes me…..well…ME.

The people you send the subliminals at usually know that you're talking about them. I say again, why not hit that person up and say it to them directly? Like I said, if you were passionate enough to throw words at the person in cyberspace, I guarantee that those same words would be more effective if said to a person's face. But, maybe that's just me. I know I don't respect it if you don't have the courage to hit me up and direct it. When I see it, to tell you the truth, I laugh and turn my back to it.

Have we gotten to the point where we're afraid to directly express dislike for the things that irk us…or even worse….are we so lost that we can't tell the people that we know for real how we really feel? WOW!

P.S. If I ever wronged you, got you upset, pissed you off or hurt you, know that I really didn't mean to. Maybe if you told me directly, plainly and honestly I could have explained it, apologized or maybe even made things right.
***Yeah, I know. Pull my pants up! LOL***

Speaking of "Subliminal Messages".........BUY MY NEW BOOK! BUY MY NEW BOOK! BUY MY NEW BOOK! BUY IT NOW! BUY IT NOW! YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE! YOU REALLY NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE! HURRY UP AND BUY! YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT! BUY MY NEW BOOK!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Z5P8UAXCSGU22


6 comments:

  1. ROTFLMAO! Not that subliminal lololol. Love this. So true. People are going to think what they think of you regardless of what you say or dont say. I say, give em a reason to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, Reem! Tell these suckas to STOP PLAYIN'! I have ZERO respect for anyone that has the ability to call my phone or step to my face, but still finds it appropriate to post subliminals. I just recently cut a "friend" off for that bullshit. Hell, the bitch still does it and I don't think two thoughts about the ho. I think it's hella cowardly and those guilty of it should take their sensitive thuggery and shove it. Excellent write. It needed to be said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Ya know, even though I already have it, I feel an overwhelming urge to buy your new book. I wonder why??? LOL!!! You are so funny! I dig that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kenya I get subliminal shots thrown at me every day and I'm always insulted...not because of what they say. (You Know IDGAF!) It's because it's insulting...as if I'm not intelligent enough to catch it. Some of the culprits I've told off in person but they take wack ass shots at me. I guess if it makes em feel better. To quote you...."shrug-life"

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Susie...It works for television and magazines so I figured I'd give it a try. LOL (I try my best to mix humor with everything) It makes life "FUNNER" LOL

    ReplyDelete