Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

RESPECT

RESPECT


By Keith Kareem Williams

I think this is a basic thing but, humans don't get it. (I'm not from this planet so I DO)

By a show of hands, how many people reading this have EVER seen me mad? I can bet money that there aren't more than a handful of people with their hands up. I live my life the way I do because I believe in certain things. I won't bend or bow for anything. Do I like problems or drama? Not at all. Anybody that knows me can testify that I avoid it. I'll fall back from a situation WAY before it gets ugly. That's ME. I don't like problems. You will almost NEVER hear my name up in any kind of drama. I rather laugh, play and joke. There's one problem with that.

People tend to take you for joke when 95% of the time you're cool. A lot of people run around in these streets being disrespectful because they get away with it, over and over. Nobody ever DEALT with their asses for the bullshit. I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow but if somebody asks for it, I'll give it to them. YES, I AM "that guy" that you shouldn't have said "that" to. I don't care if we're in the club and all the bouncers look like wrestlers. I AM that guy who will walk to the bar, buy a beer (if they're stupid enough NOT to give it to me in a plastic cup), come back over and BUST ya head with it. Talk greasy on the street and I WILL snatch you up. Ask homie I grabbed by the collar downtown Brooklyn about 2 weeks ago. Ask my real fam that I would give my life for, I'm the last to start but I WILL finish. I HATE disrespect! Why? Because I don't bother people. I mind my own business.

I hate the type of bitch ass men who try you with the disrespect when you're out with a woman. Ladies, don't get it twisted. I understand why you tell us AFTER the situation. You don't want to see us get in trouble and I respect that. It means you care and DON'T want us getting into trouble for bullshit. That's what a REAL chick will do. (It still doesn't make us any less mad after the fact.) You may brush it off and that's cool but WE can't always let it slide so easily. You gotta let us rock and be mad about the shit. Repeatedly telling us to calm down only gets us MORE vex and chances are, now WE'RE gonna be arguing.

And, to the half-a-bitch ass men who try you quietly or say slick shit in languages they KNOW you don't speak….next time, say it loud and clear so I can hear you. Please, do me that favor. Then I can fix it…one time! YES…call me ignorant. Guess what? I don't give a fuck. I put hands on people for coming out of their face. Any time I let shit slide, I don’t sleep and I LIKE sleep dammit!

Ladies, if you want the type of guy that will allow certain shit to go down with a smile, I am NOT that guy. I NEVER was and I NEVER will be. I can't change. Ladies, if I'm wrong, please…..let me know. I know that I would have to be dead for something to happen to you when you were out with me. Let me know if nowadays it's acceptable for MEN to be cowards and throw women in harm's way. I have a theory. Maybe women don't understand me because there ain't many MEN that stand for anything real around. That's the WORLD'S problem…not MINE. I will ALWAYS be this…exactly as you see me!

2 comments:

  1. For you to have written this blog, you had to have been pissed off to the fullest extent of piss-tivity. And I can understand. The type of dude you referred to in this blog is what I call a P.A.N. (Uncensored: Pussy Ass Nigga.) Those are the type that I seem to encounter every time I go out and over the years I've developed thick skin and have learned how to hold my tongue--most of the time. However, if I'm out with a man, I feel that it's his duty to protect me. That includes checking men who are disrespectful in public. What I don't understand is what makes some men think that it's okay to be disrespectful to a woman in the first place, especially if she's out with another guy. If their face end up meeting the concrete, I say they got what they deserved.
    And, no, you are not wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU Teresa. I totally understand a woman trying to keep me out of trouble BUT, I have NO tolerance for disrespect. I'm going to confront a disrespectful person. I don't care about keeping the peace. They didn't when they came out of their face. I like that P.A.N. I'm gonna use that. lmao

    ReplyDelete